Welcome to the website of STAAR Redbridge
Who we are
We are a friendly group of parents and carers who all care for children or adults with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome or related disorders living in Redbridge. We understand how difficult and isolating this can be.
Autism affects people of all races and faiths and our membership reflects this.
Our aims are:
§ To provide information and support for parents and carers.
§ To raise awareness and highlight the needs of those with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and related disorders.
§ To provide social opportunities for children and adults with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and related disorders and for their families and carers.
What we do:
· We run regular family outings for children with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome, their siblings and parent/carers
· We run weekly Video Gaming clubs for young people with Asperger’s Syndrome - Tuesdays for age 11+ and Thursdays for age 16+, term time only
· We organise social evenings for carers.
· We organise activities for the whole family.
· We run a secure e-group (by invitation only) for members. This allows members to keep in touch with the latest news, events and communicate with other members even if they are unable to attend meetings. Contact us here.
Membership is free and open to all parents and carers of children or adults with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome or related disorders. Contact us here.